Try, Try Again

I took the risk in adding items to my CafePress store in the hopes that people would notice and purchase. I pressed and pressed and made post after post. Perhaps I did not do this well enough. It was all trial and error, and the battle is NOT over because the Japanese are STILL in need of our help. While CafePress and their donation tag drive has ended, my work is not over. I am going to take ANOTHER risk.  You see, I can't allow this issue to go by. I can't get this out of my head. Whenever I turn on the news or check out my Twitter headline, there is a new statistic or a new concern with radiation in the affected areas of Japan. There are so many people who have died, who are still lost, and who are displaced from their residencies. I've said it a million times and I will say it again--just because the problems aren't as relevant in the news as they were a month ago does NOT mean all the problems have been solved. Help is still needed and everyone has a chance to do their part.

  I set up my store's items for that very reason. I put cheap items, affordable items, and one expensive item in the store so anyone who was browsing had a variety of things to choose from. No, my art was not glamorous or fancy by any means, but it had heart. The idea was to create an item design that came from the heart. I thought it was simple enough to appeal to most people. Some might say it's "too" simple. Quite honestly, I am very proud of this design. With that being said, the designs aren't going anywhere. I will still be selling them, and will still be donating ten percent of the sales to the Japanese Red Cross, or any charity a buyer requests. This is not over yet! So please, PLEASE, if you know someone who hasn't donated, if YOU yourself haven't donated; take a look at my CafePress store. It takes a few seconds to browse, a few seconds to link, a few seconds to tell someone about what you've seen.