A lot of people are going to sites like Zazzle and such to make profit off of Charlie Sheen's quotes. I thought about doing it too. Come on, I'm a one-woman show here. I'm trying to get views and trying to make some kind of way for myself. He's unfortunately a hot ticket in the media world right now. What have I got to lose? I can't speak for the rest of the world or other entrepreneurs out there, but I personally don't think it's a good idea to make profit off of someone else's misfortune. The way he's acting right now, the attention he's getting--it's all on a dangerous trail being paved by enablers and what appears to be a lot of serious drugs. I heard he passed a drug test and I could not believe it. Honestly, I just hope he does not end up dead.
If you find success in making a profit on one of these print sites, good for you. I personally don't want to be in the line of fire to get sued one day. You never know when some celebrity is going to gather his lawyers and try to nab everyone who's exercising in the defamation of their character. Considering there's so many people out there doing it, it's probably not going to happen right away. With the right amount of time and money, however, anything can happen. I would not sleep on it. All fears of having my boyshorts sued off me, I just feel that it's wrong to use a person's lowest point to make a profit. Especially for entertainment. On one hand, that makes me a hypocrite. Sometimes I watch TMZ or read a gossip blog. Sometimes I will leave a comment, or have something to say. While I would not wish the worst for anyone, I can't lie and say I haven't had a hard word for repeat offenders destroying their lavish lives over drugs and sex and bad decisions. Guilty as charged. But do I make profit off of it? I've blogged about it, too. No profit there.
My point is this--another person's failure just won't be my profit. No matter how promising it may be, I can't allow myself to do it. There's so many people doing it, anyway. What guarantees I will be seen amongst the 900 billion copies of everyone with shirts that have the "tiger blood" and "winning" hashtags? What's going to be so special about a t-shirt or a mug or something I make that has to do with the "Vatican Warlock" commentary? This man is a wreck right now and he's acting like he's king of the world. People are following him on Twitter, praising him, and again--those in his circle seem to be doing nothing but enabling him and allowing him to go online to Ustream with a pallid face to rant and rave. This is not the profile of a healthy, able man. Whatever he is taking/snorting/smoking/shooting up is far from the average man's weed or cigarette or upper. The erratic behavior suggests something else. He's sweating and talking about helicopters, for crying out loud. He's come a long way from the Charlie we all once knew.
If he's been close to this place before, the time has come for the sweet honeymoon period to end. Coddling doesn't work. Coaxing is out of the door. What needs to happen here is some TOUGH love. This is beyond serious business and his life is on the line here. I feel sorry for him and can only hope he gets the help he needs. In the meantime, there will be no shirts or anything of that kind from this dynasty's camp. His misfortune is not my profit. I think it's safe to say the idea has left the building.
If you find success in making a profit on one of these print sites, good for you. I personally don't want to be in the line of fire to get sued one day. You never know when some celebrity is going to gather his lawyers and try to nab everyone who's exercising in the defamation of their character. Considering there's so many people out there doing it, it's probably not going to happen right away. With the right amount of time and money, however, anything can happen. I would not sleep on it. All fears of having my boyshorts sued off me, I just feel that it's wrong to use a person's lowest point to make a profit. Especially for entertainment. On one hand, that makes me a hypocrite. Sometimes I watch TMZ or read a gossip blog. Sometimes I will leave a comment, or have something to say. While I would not wish the worst for anyone, I can't lie and say I haven't had a hard word for repeat offenders destroying their lavish lives over drugs and sex and bad decisions. Guilty as charged. But do I make profit off of it? I've blogged about it, too. No profit there.
My point is this--another person's failure just won't be my profit. No matter how promising it may be, I can't allow myself to do it. There's so many people doing it, anyway. What guarantees I will be seen amongst the 900 billion copies of everyone with shirts that have the "tiger blood" and "winning" hashtags? What's going to be so special about a t-shirt or a mug or something I make that has to do with the "Vatican Warlock" commentary? This man is a wreck right now and he's acting like he's king of the world. People are following him on Twitter, praising him, and again--those in his circle seem to be doing nothing but enabling him and allowing him to go online to Ustream with a pallid face to rant and rave. This is not the profile of a healthy, able man. Whatever he is taking/snorting/smoking/shooting up is far from the average man's weed or cigarette or upper. The erratic behavior suggests something else. He's sweating and talking about helicopters, for crying out loud. He's come a long way from the Charlie we all once knew.
If he's been close to this place before, the time has come for the sweet honeymoon period to end. Coddling doesn't work. Coaxing is out of the door. What needs to happen here is some TOUGH love. This is beyond serious business and his life is on the line here. I feel sorry for him and can only hope he gets the help he needs. In the meantime, there will be no shirts or anything of that kind from this dynasty's camp. His misfortune is not my profit. I think it's safe to say the idea has left the building.